Why should I study Level 5 Diploma in Applied Reflexology for Integrated Medicine?
Well first of all because it is a properly REGULATED qualification! There are two regulated training routes and these are at Level 3 and Level 5 and the levels indicate the complexity and depth of the learning. However, it is only the OTHM Level 5 Diploma qualification that is fully standardised. The assignments and the homework you have to do are quality assured and standardised, the only reflexology training that guarantees the homework you have to do regardless of where you study! The Level 5 course is also under the Sector - Nursing and Subjects and Vocations Allied to Medicine. All our teachers also have teaching qualifications (as well as reflexology ones!) at Level 5 or above.
There are also unregulated courses that may use the same terminology such as Diploma. Some of them may be ok and have teachers with good reputations, but without the Regulators and Awarding Organisations, you have no security or safeguards. You would also only have a 'home' produced certificate, unlike the Regulated route where your certificate displays the Awarding Organisation and Country Regulator logos, which are recognisable and respected worldwide! No quality assurance either as unregulated can and does vary from ok to awful and everything in between. Nobody to really check on the standards of what you learn and what you are taught.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Applied Reflexology for Integrated Medicine is classed as a Specialist Qualification by OTHM and is fully regulated by Ofqual.
These are the eight units you will study. The word 'unit' is another word often mimicked by unregulated course providers.
- Principles and Safe Practice for Clinical Practitioner Reflexology
- Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology in Illness and Health
- Clinical Reflexology and Reflected Anatomy
- Developmental Reflexology, Pathology and Integrated Medicine
- Stress Management for Body and Mind
- Life Stages of Human Development
- Evidence Based Practice for Reflexology
- Business Fundamentals for Reflexology Practice
Centralia was formed in 2010 and is still the bench mark for Reflexology Training Centres. Reflexology Teachers outside Centralia are not a part of an organisation that leads the way in Reflexology Education. Centralia Partner Centres teaching the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Applied Reflexology for Integrated Medicine are 'Next Generation' reflexology Training Centres!
Having established that our course is the right one for you (introduction days run regularly) you can be ensured that you are receiving the highest training possible, but there are still a few further areas to consider which makes training at Inspira Academy the training centre of choice:
- We are a private training centre, and this means that we can be entirely flexible and are therefore much better suited to respond to every students individual needs. A percentage of our students are full time professionals and the Inspira course takes this into consideration. We recognise and accommodate the balance needed to work, live, parent and study, sometimes all at the same time!
- Sue Alma Evans (Director and lecturer) wrote, set up and lectured on both the first HND (University of Glamorgan) and the first BSc (Hons) degree in Complementary Therapies (UWIC, now Cardiff Metropolitan University) and latterly the Agored Cymru Level 5 diploma in Practitioner Reflexology. After lecturing in these educational environments for over two decades, she has all the associated expertise gained from this and has transferred all those accumulated skills and knowledge into the Level 5 Diploma in Applied Reflexology for Integrated Medicine and collaborated with OTHM in the writing of the the units.
- We are a team! All of us at Inspira Academy are 100% dedicated to making sure that our students become the best Reflexologists possible. We are all Inspira Academy trained too, so we know exactly what it feels like to be a student. We also 'Team Teach' which means you have the experts in their particular fields of specialism or particular interest rather than just one teacher.
- We care passionately about Reflexology and our Reflexology students, and although the course learning is intensive, it is also fun and we like to build up a rapport with each student, which means that we can maintain lifetime support - something very few other institutions can offer.
- Inspira has all the facilities required for teaching reflexology and perhaps uniquely, we also have a method that allows each student to examine their own feet ... very interesting! We also have the added bonus of a more relaxed and less prescriptive environment which past students tell us has been important in several ways. It creates a good, positive learning environment. Not only do we have our own Training room, we also have an Inspira Students Lounge which, when weather permits, leads to our private outdoor sitting / eating area.
- As your foundation for anatomical knowledge (body systems reflected in the feet) as well as reflexology knowledge, you will learn the outstanding technique, DUOPODY reflexology. Duopody Reflexology has been endorsed by the medical profession and from October 2022, became part of a module for Doctors studying for their Masters Degree in Pain Management, in order that they will refer to Duopodists when they recognise another approach to improving a persons health is required.
- Many reflexology courses only teach a treatment routine and any other knowledge has to be paid for after they finish their training. Not the case at Inspira Academy! Not only will you learn specialisms such as maternity care, fertility care, palliative care (to name just a few), you will also be taught specialist treatment protocols and these, alongside Duopody, will elevate your knowledge, skills and understanding above any other reflexology training course currently offered in the UK!
Here is an introduction to just some of the advanced and specialist techniques you will be taught:
- Fertility / Maternity / post pregnancy
- Life stages of human development
- Sports injuries
- Back problems / injuries
- Emotional frailty
- Psychology of Health and Illness and the Inspira Academy treatment called NEPIP, which focusses on the causes of, and how to alleviate the stress that is so prevalent in today's society
- CALM technique which is especially relevant for life limiting or chronic illness
- FREE car parking! This may not be something you have given consideration to, but many training course sites have little or no on-site parking, resulting in a long walk (often in the rain) and/or they charge extortionate daily parking rates.
- Our students dress in similar colours for their practical exams, but no cost is incurred as you decide as a group what colour you wear, dependent on what is in your wardrobes already!
- There are many other reasons why we feel we should be your first choice of where to study reflexology, so why not come and visit us to see for yourself? We regularly hold "Introduction Meetings" (see homepage for the next date) and the meeting will last for about 2 hours. Please contact Inspira Academy to confirm your attendance.