Inspira Academy Limited treats personal data and the privacy of its website users very seriously and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard your privacy and protect and manage any personal data that you share with us.
Any general enquiry that does not lead to enrolment (via submission form, email or telephone) will not be kept on a database unless requested that Inspira Academy do so.
Personal data for course enrolment
Reflexology training: You provide us with personal data from enrolment with Inspira Academy, either on an online application form, a written application form, email or by telephone. This includes name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers, gender, employment status, qualifications and reasons for wishing to enrol.
Reiki training: You complete an online application form and pay the deposit by Paypal
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to arrange an interview (reflexology) or to reserve your place on Reiki training. If you proceed with reflexology training we register you with the Awarding Organisation, Agored Cymru for the qualification certification named: Level Five Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology and with Professional Reflexology for student membership and student insurance.
For Reflexology and Reiki we manage and administer your personal data and undertake at all times to protect your personal data in a manner which is consistent with a duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)* We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage. *The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk may be contacted with any GDPR queries.
We do: use personal data to supply qualification certificates
We do: use personal data to provide a service and inform of events, changes in regulation and education in a relevant, useful and timely manner
We do: respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements
We do not: sell your personal data to any 3rd party
We will: remove your details if requested and they will be removed within 10 working days
The General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (May 2018) recognises that technological advances mean that personal data is being collated rapidly and therefore there is a need to protect and to give the user greater control over personal data. The rights of the individual include:
- Right to be informed Why personal information is needed and how it will be used
- Right of subject access You can request the personal data held and where it was acquired, the reasons for processing the information and anyone or entity that the information has been shared with
- Right to rectification You can have any incomplete personal data completed, but please note that if any individual’s personal data is factually wrong then changing records of personal data will be falsification
- Right to erasure You shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data if you have withdrawn or completed your qualification
- Right to restrict processing You can obtain from us restriction of processing in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you and will be restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified
- Inspira Academy no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but it is required by you for legal claims
- Right to data portability You will be able to receive your personal data in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit this data to another
- Right to object You can object to the processing of personal data if there are valid grounds relating to your personal situation
- Rights in relation to automated decision making Inspira Academy do not carry out automated processing